4624. Cab Calloway - The Ghost of Smokey Joe

From: Cab Calloway; Year: 1956 (1939); Genre: Swing Jazz
It's been a while since I've chosen a song from Cab Calloway, who is one of my favourite big band leaders, boy, was he a showman and had an amazing voice. I really wish I could go back and see the legend perform in his prime, but at least we have the videos from back then.

Hear The Ghost of Smokey Joe on YouTube.



My song pick 1 year ago today: Spiral Starecase - More Today Than Yesterday

My song pick 2 years ago today: Big Brother & the Holding Company - Oh, Sweet Mary

My song pick 3 years ago today: Ebony Rhythm Band - Soul Heart Transplant

My song pick 4 years ago today: Pallas - Cut and Run

My song pick 5 years ago today: Sky - Dies Irae

My song pick 6 years ago today: Buddy Holly - Crying, Waiting, Hoping

My song pick 7 years ago today: Waylander - Erdath

My song pick 8 years ago today: Jim Croce - Workin' at the Car Wash Blues

My song pick 9 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Flaming Telepaths

My song pick 10 years ago today: AC/DC - Carry Me Home

My song pick 11 years ago today: The Eagles - Get Over It

My song pick 12 years ago today: Mily Balakirev - Islamey: an Oriental Fantasy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn