5516. Lakeside - Party Patrol

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61naPbCXl-L._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Party Patrol; Year: 1990; Genre: Funk/Electronica/New Jack Swing
I don't know why, but I've had this album in particular on my mind for most of the week, so a few days ago I decided that I'd make the title-track the week's Funky Friday pick. 
Anyway, ever since I first listened to this record it had such a good and familiar feel and sound to it I just fell in love with it. Most anybody who listened to music from the mid/late 1980s to, I guess, about the mid/late 1990s should instantly recognize a lot of the elements in this electro-funk track with a good helping of that new jack swing rhythm/beat that was very popular at the time. Yes, the track may have a sound dated to that point in time, but in my opinion it was a great time to consume music, especially funk/soul/R&B amongst others.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Traffic - Smiling Phases

My song pick 4 years ago today: Van der Graaf Generator - The Emperor In His War Room

My song pick 5 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Feel the Thunder

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Temptations - War

My song pick 7 years ago today: Eric Stuart Band - Lipstick & Barbed Wire

My song pick 8 years ago today: Band of Horses - A Little Biblical

My song pick 9 years ago today: Kansas - Portrait (He Knew)

My song pick 10 years ago today: Nightwish - Passion and the Opera

My song pick 11 years ago today: Seven Mary Three - Cumbersome

My song pick 12 years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Let It Ride

My song pick 13 years ago today: Queen - Flash

My song pick 14 years ago today: Joe Cocker - When The Night Comes
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn