5520. Olivia Newton-John - Physical

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/415bnPXTXSL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Physical; Year: 1981; Genre: Pop/Rock
Yesterday I woke up to find that Olivia Newton-John passed away, which for me was kind of like a "wow" moment. While I've not been a huge fan of her music and don't normally seek her music, there are times her music and other art comes into my mind and I have to hear it again. It's most likely due to hearing her so much back in the day when I was quite young; she was very famous and could be seen/heard almost in all forms of media back throughout the 1970s-1980s.
Anyway, I had a couple of her songs come to mind for today's pick, but I just happened to remember this rather risqué song of hers and absolutely had to choose it. Throughout the '80s Physical seemed to be among her most played songs, which was actually banned in certain parts of the country. Interestingly enough, it was apparently written for Rod Stewart to perform, but her turned it down. Eventually it came to Olivia Newton-John and the rest is history, though it would've been interesting to have heard his record it; however, with how well she did this one and how it is associated with her it would probably just sound weird now.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Rush - Scars

My song pick 4 years ago today: Megadeth - The Threat is Real

My song pick 5 years ago today: Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

My song pick 6 years ago today: Ozric Tentacles - Oakum

My song pick 7 years ago today: Genesis - Man On the Corner

My song pick 8 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Working John, Working Joe

My song pick 9 years ago today: Rush - The Enemy Within (Part 1 of Fear)

My song pick 10 years ago today: Paris - Pale Horse, Pale Rider

My song pick 11 years ago today: Stuart Hamm - Simple Dreams

My song pick 12 years ago today: Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California

My song pick 13 years ago today: Band of Horses - Islands on the Coast

My song pick 14 years ago today: Jim Croce - Roller Derby Queen
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade