5522. David Bowie and the Pat Metheny Group - This Is Not America

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51frycCvPqS.jpg
From: The Falcon and the Snowman (soundtrack); Year: 1985; Genre: Rock/Pop
I have no idea why, but I've been having music from David Bowie running through my mind a lot lately. This one hails from the soundtrack of the 1985 film The Falcon and the Snowman written by Pat Metheny and Lyle Mays performed by their group; and for this track David Bowie came in and helped write the lyrics and sung lead vocals. For Bowie This Is Not America became part of a string of hit songs from films he was a part of during the mid '80s.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Lobo - Pee-Ro Juan Valdez Sam Quixote

My song pick 4 years ago today: AC/DC - Are You Ready

My song pick 5 years ago today: Bootsy's Rubber Band - Jam Fan (Hot)

My song pick 6 years ago today: Van Halen - The Dream is Over

My song pick 7 years ago today: Soundgarden - Been Away Too Long

My song pick 8 years ago today: Tommy James & the Shondells - Crimson & Clover

My song pick 9 years ago today: John Denver - Carolina In My Mind

My song pick 10 years ago today: Asia - Time Again

My song pick 11 years ago today: U2 - The Unforgettable Fire

My song pick 12 years ago today: Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World

My song pick 13 years ago today: Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now

My song pick 14 years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Gimme Your Money Please
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)