5525. Savatage - Awaken

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51WL2d81w7L._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Poets and Madmen; Year: 2001; Genre: Power Metal/Progressive Metal
I had Savatage's Poets and Madmen on my mind today, you know the rest.... Unless I'm mistaken, this was the "swansong" for the band, and they really went out on a high note with it. Although, technically the band did continue as both Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Jon Oliva's Pain, but there was something special about Savatage.
This track comes towards the end of the story told throughout the album and is definitely a highlight; the verses in particular with Johnny Lee Middleton's bass and Jeff Plate's drums really sets the mood especially when they launch into the chorus.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: The Moody Blues - No More Lies

My song pick 4 years ago today: 3 Inches of Blood - Wykydtron

My song pick 5 years ago today: Deep Purple - Call of the Wild

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Lively Ones - Surf Rider

My song pick 7 years ago today: The Rhythm Machine - You Got Action, You Got Me

My song pick 8 years ago today: Megadeth - Liar

My song pick 9 years ago today: Weather Report - Second Sunday in August

My song pick 10 years ago today: AC/DC - Thunderstruck

My song pick 11 years ago today: Victor Wooten - Norwegian Wood

My song pick 12 years ago today: Hawkwind - Love in Space

My song pick 13 years ago today: Les Paul & Mary Ford - The World is Waiting for the Sunrise

My song pick 14 years ago today: Aerosmith - Cryin'
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn