5523. Doc Oliver - Soul Popcorn

From: Movements; Year: 2005; Genre: Soul/Funk
Recently discovered this record and have immediately fell in love with it. Apparently it's kind of a "mixtape" of some very rare, deep cuts of funk, soul, and R&B among other genres compiled by a man named Tobias Kirmayer. I do not know who he is or a good portion of the artists on the album for that matter, but all I know is that I'm thoroughly enjoying it in the extreme. I'm just overjoyed that Mr. Kirmayer made this compilation and introduced myself and others to these rare tracks.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Golden Earring - Radar Love

My song pick 4 years ago today: Martha and the Vandellas - Nowhere to Run

My song pick 5 years ago today: Blood, Sweat & Tears - Smiling Phases

My song pick 6 years ago today: Rage Against the Machine - Guerrilla Radio

My song pick 7 years ago today: Fleet Foxes - Ragged Wood

My song pick 8 years ago today: Tesla - The Way It Is

My song pick 9 years ago today: Alice In Chains - We Die Young

My song pick 10 years ago today: John Denver - Take Me To Tomorrow

My song pick 11 years ago today: Mahavishnu Orchestra - Can't Stand Your Funk

My song pick 12 years ago today: Styx - Suite Madame Blue

My song pick 13 years ago today: Rush - Malignant Narcissism

My song pick 14 years ago today: Molly Hatchet - Flirtin' With Disaster
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade